• 论坛网址:https://dianbai.wiki(可微信分享)、https://0668.es、https://0668.cc(全加密访问)

The Buzzard, the Bat and the Bumblebee (1人在浏览)

mask

Learner
荣誉会员
注册
2005-06-07
帖子
反馈评分
点数
If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run ------ as is his habit ------ he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no roof.

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A bumblebee if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.

Thanks for sharing these pieces of information. I didn't know anything about such characteristics of those animals. It's very interesting to know.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the bee. They are struggling with all their problems and frustrations, not realizing that the answer is right there above them.

It's like everyone has his own strengths and weakness. Sometimes, when he gets into troubles, he just doesn't realize there is a way to get over it.

It is like that if you always star at the stone on the ground, which tumbled you before, you will never see the broad blue sky in front of you.

You are absolutely right! People need to know they just need to cross one extra step. Their destiny will be difference.

People can never escape from, at least at a period of time, fogging their minds themselves. When they are in love, the time appears to be shorter; when they are out of love, it becomes longer. Man needs a revolution of philosophy...

It seems like you are an expert on this philosophy. You must be experienced a lots on this. Haha........

In fact, I wish.
happy.gif
. Man's ability to think and way of thinking are led by the philosophers. As far as most of people are concerned, philosophy is quite boring and the most powerful tool to make them sleepy. In fact, it determines the man's development of wise and the future of human being.

Maybe people don't like their ideas and thinkings to be dominated by philosophy. They need to more freedom and flexible. So they feel bored.
To me, I think everyone is unique. Each of us has different background and experience in our lives. Philosophy can be used as good reference to direct us, not to command us.

In fact, every single one's thinking is formed by philosophy, although most of people don't realize it. They just mistakenly regard philosophy as a tool to loop or command people's thoughts.
Moreover, general people don't have the ability to ignore the influence from philosophy. Most of the people in China, they accpet materialism; the idea of chasing for freedom is not stronge until it's aroused by Salma Hayek's liberalism; even to you, believing that everyone is unique is a part of solipsism which was a philosophical trend of thoughts several decades ago.
If you have a taste in philosophy, you can see its influence is everywhere.

You just brought up a very interesting thought. As I can tell you are really expert on it. Maybe you are right I am one of the solipsism. I know there is such a thing and I know it's out there. I just don't have interest to dig into it. It's like "ZEN". I want to learn more about it for a long time, but I just don't have time to study it.

正在浏览此帖子的用户

后退
顶部