• 论坛网址:https://dianbai.wiki(可微信分享)、https://0668.es、https://0668.cc(全加密访问)

Dream Comes True (1人在浏览)

mask

Learner
荣誉会员
注册
2005-06-07
帖子
反馈评分
点数
Dreamer, Bucephalus, the dice is cast!
Run bravely to the twilight in the dark!
Evolve and spread thy wings that always last.
Arise, Pegasus, as a hopeful lark!
Mild stroke erases weariness thou hast.
Creator engendereth a falling star
Over the darkness and gave thee a task.
Move over and catch the one from afar.
Ease thyself. No stripe and remove thy mask.
Sunshine of Plato thou wilt surely bask.
Thou with thy master shalt melt into one.
Reclines thy master on thee so be done.
United being Sagittarius thou art.
Ending the darkness and to the gleam, dart!

It sounds that you have already started the engine. You will pass the twilight, squash in sunshine and reach whatever thou dream of!

Thank you! I am thinking about taking an M.Phil program on comparative literature in the States. However, I think it's hard to get a visa. I made an appointment to get one two years ago, but I couldn't make it to the embassy on the day that is appointed for some family stuff. ~ Well... I don't know whether I can still get one with the rumors wandering around.

Did you choose a school yet? in which state? Did you apply for undergraduate or graduate school?
The number of foreign students have increasing for the last few years. I think it's not that hard to get a visa now.
Good luck!

QUOTE(一帘幽梦 @ 2007年02月03日 Saturday, 03:05 PM)
What are you talking about?
[snapback]1651554[/snapback]​

Mask was talking about his dream and applying visa to study abroad. I was just asking in which state and what school.

Well, I really want to study in the States. However, I read about the academic requirements of my prospective field, which is comparative literature. I am qualified for most of them, literary background, academic grades, English proficiency, research proposal and stuff, but there is one entry which is not impossible for me to meet within one and a half year. It states basically like this: The prospective students for comparative literature MUST proficiently master an European language other than English. I've got started learning Spanish recently as my second foreign language and I am doing very well at it. However, it's a hell way too far from mastering Spanish proficiently. I think I would study comparative literature in the States for my doctoral, but I have to go other places for my M. Phil.

I admire you for your bravery and ambitious vision. I found out that I have run out of energy after I got my master degree. Since you like teaching and literature, why don’t you choose your master program in Education, such as concentration in Humanities, Language and Literacy Education? I think these programs provide advanced preparation and professional development for teaching in schools as well as for assuming such leadership roles as mentor teachers, literacy curriculum leaders, and staff developers. These majors are all related to Comparative Literature. It will be easy to be admitted in your Doctor of Philosophy program. In addition, there are tons of career opportunities in this field in the U.S. Especially, you are a bilingual person. You have much more advantage!

正在浏览此帖子的用户

后退
顶部